On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Toma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Themes are tricky. But its just a matter of documentation really.
> Rasters new theme is chock full of doc, and Ive started a blog on how
> to get some of the cooler effects for different Widgets and things.
> Also, if you check out my new Cerium theme, you can see a
> demonstration of the color_class idea I posted on the -devel list a
> while back. Basically lets the User re-colour the theme without having
> to bust open edje files and tweak images. Tho its not exactly going to
> change the appearance hugely, it will give people a little more
> control over their favorite theme.

Just to let you know, Cerium with semi transparent colors ROCKS,
really! You still lack some nice icons for most of things (battery,
cpu, ...) and I'd like another clock, but the theme itself feels
smooth and fluid. Thanks,

> On a further note, Im trying to do different looks and effects across
> all my themes and license them accordingly so they can take aspects
> from all sorts of themes and merge them into their own work. Again,
> its just a matter of documenting the process.

that is great.

> I wouldnt be too worried about 'Default copies' since people can
> simply rate the theme low, then sort highest to lowest on themes.
> Leave it up to the users to decide if content is 5 star or not. I know
> if someone starting out in themeing was to release something 1/2 done
> but still looked cool, theyd be happy to get some feedback on how
> theyre going and motivate them to do more. And on that note, if you DO
> see a default copy or a 1/2 done theme, dont knock the themer, but
> encourage them to try something different, and to keep at it.
>
> Heres what Ive started...
> http://edjy.wordpress.com/

Congrats man, that's something really nice and required, also thanks
to get exchange.e.o done!

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems