On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 3:44 AM, Jose Gonzalez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
>      I don't see why get-e should go away.. not if they want to give exchange
> a good challenge. They could support whatever exchange does, and extend even
> more - it could go as far as the drive and vision of its founders want it to
> go..
> as could exchange, as could others.

Exchange and Get-E are run by more or less the same people, with new
additions working on the Exchange team. At some point in time, I'll be
moving Get-E's traffic over to Exchange (in a couple of weeks). The
idea behind Exchange has been discussed before amongst Get-E's staff,
and they decided that a new platform, API, and being "part of the
e.org" domain is what they wanted

At this point, aside having a rock-solid and useful API, one of the
challenges is to keep those themes up to date, and to try and get high
quality themes in there (as opposed to copy / modify / paste themes).
Those two points imo are what will make, or break, Exchange.

That brings me to another point, E17 themes are way too tough for
"normal artists" to develop, but thats a totally separate topic of
discussion (=

Personally, I can't wait to start hitting that refresh button in E17
and start seeing new theme previews roll in the "web portion" of the
themes / resources dialog (to be).

Keep up the great work guys! (=

--
Hisham Mardam Bey