Hello all,

As you might know we have to do the following list in order to
release: http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Release

But until then we'll have a long time and it's bad to not have
intermediate releases to help users try enlightenment and its
libraries. So talking to lots of packagers and distros we know they
want to include our code, but they need us to have something "good
enough" to be packaged, so they will not be caught into
eina-transition breakage or so. So we talked a bit at IRC and I wrote
the following schedule that we'll try to accomplish:

    http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/ReleaseSchedule

Dates there are not hard, it's just my initial suggestion. If you have
suggestions, please say so now. After first alpha we can discuss beta
and final release dates, later on we should enter a 3-6 months
releases, no matter what.

Before replying to this thread, please READ the wiki. The freeze is
not a FEATURE FREEZE, or IDEA freeze, or nothing. We do not have to do
some tasks before it, neither we are not allowed to do tasks before it
- everyone is free to choose in what to work (but please give the
Release plan higher priority!). We are just FREEZING NEW FEATURES SVN
COMMITS IN TRUNK. And it's just for a weekend, so should be harmless.
But we do expect that on Monday after freezes the packagers can create
usable packages.

Developers also requests that packagers participate more into the
process and try to share efforts. We have lots of different .deb
repositories and one does not seem to talk to the other. When you plan
to do packages, ask at IRC and here if the state of the trunk is good
and report problems. Now we also have that page that should describe
good dates to get the code.

Last but not least, we need help testing! If you are an user, please
use http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/TestingPlan read it and add
information to it (it's very barebones now), create tickets at our
trac and let us know of problems. Since developers will not be able to
create new code during freezes, they'll be left looking at tickets and
fixing them :-)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems