On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Toma <tomha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/4/8 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@profusion.mobi>:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> As you might know we have to do the following list in order to
>> release: http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Release
>>
>> But until then we'll have a long time and it's bad to not have
>> intermediate releases to help users try enlightenment and its
>> libraries. So talking to lots of packagers and distros we know they
>> want to include our code, but they need us to have something "good
>> enough" to be packaged, so they will not be caught into
>> eina-transition breakage or so. So we talked a bit at IRC and I wrote
>> the following schedule that we'll try to accomplish:
>>
>>    http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/ReleaseSchedule
>>

> Im not entirely sure that the 3 day package-test-package idea is good.
> Might just be creating more work for whoever packages it and some
> confusion for end users.

well, packagers can live with it, just make a script and schedule a cron tab.

as for users, end users can test on the second release, maybe we just
drop the announcement of the first and add it to a -testing directory.
But we need to test the packages and not from SVN as we usually do, so
we can spot missing libs, symbols, etc.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems