On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Luca De Marini
<luca.darkmas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to understand a pair of things...
> 1) is this something official or just your idea Gustavo? (I love the idea,
> I'd prefer it to be official of course)

well, it's as official as we want it to be, but it was originally my
idea. Nobody seems to disagree so far, in this case we can make it
official.

> 2) will we set up a repo? An official repo to compile everything
> periodically?

that's up to you. I'm a developer, as raster and others. We don't want
to "waste" our few hacking hours to do packages, its wayyyyy too
bureaucratic to my taste.

We just want you packagers to have a "consistent global state" to use.
But I'd like to see you all agree and avoid thousands of half working
repositories all around, just in launchpad.net we have 2 e17
"packaging" teams, none is complete or updated.

So you all agree and if you need space at enlightenment.org, please
ask here so those that care about infrastructure can set up things.

> This question I'm asking is because for OpenGEU we have a repository, quaker
> manages it, and he periodically compiles E17.

yes, I'm talking a lot with quaker, Lutin and other interested peers
over the past days. I'm trying to have everyone to understand these
things. For example, if you want to have ecomorph, just handle e17 as
a virtual package, have 2 implementations that conflicts/replaces each
other, e17-pristine and e17-ecomorph, then you should just have
modules that can be used by both to depend on the virtual and that's
fine, do not need to create a whole new repository just to have
ecomorph.

and please, let's try to get these things upstream into debian, ubuntu
and others. At least the base libraries and e17 itself.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems