On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 14:41:44 -0200
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:

> [...]
> > good job - but he had some health problems and had to pull back. jesse was
> > doing content and i asked him for it - he vanished never to respond to my
> email
> > back in april. i frankly haven't had time to do anything with the website.
>
> The point nobody will do it is because people loose motivation after being
> pushed back.
>

> >> same behavior make us tired of going against a wall and doing catch-up
> with
> >
> > efnheit never got anything said about it other than i really didn't quite
> like
> > it - detourious imho is better. i am in fact using it right now. i've even
> > fixed up the default wallpaper to not be so glaringly "same grey". i mean
> > talk to jeffdameth about it. i would consider detourious for a default
> theme -
> > it still needs work to replace default.
>
> If it does not become the default it will always lag behind. Just because
> people fix what is the default due lack of time.
>
> What is the motivation for people to play catch up? Maybe their work will
> be trashed, as happened before with efenniht. Who wants to work for nothing?
>

> >> the default. I've tried to help detourious but maybe the same thing will
> >> happen, as elementary theme is FAR from ready and the code evolves
> without
> >> people fixing detourious.
> >>
> >> Yes, pychology plays a great role in community and we are very bad at it.
> >> See the contribution rate of unpaid developers (not from profusion,
> samsung
> >> or ordissimo) :-(
> >
> > if i gave into pressure and whats popular e would never have existed..
>
> Congrats, see what happened over the history. We went from mainstream as
> gnome wm to a barely known software piece people laught at. We can change
> this, but need a consensus to get there.
>

> > i've made my statement on what needs to be done on the todo. as of now
> i'm not
> > taking part in this flamefest anymore. i'm working on the todo and efl 1.1
> > after efl 1.1 its e17 and elm 1.0. e17 involves working on the tasks
> assigned.
> > if you cared you would have spent your weekend working on e17 like i just
> did.
> > i spent most of saturday and sunday on it. who else is sacrificing for
> it? come
> > on? (and i didn't do any during the week because i spent all that time on
> efl)
>
> as said the technical problems are solvable. But the actual problems are
> not technical and I don't see them going away anytime soon.
>
> So far you point to the list, but it is your list as not everybody agrees
> with it. You can't expect people complaining about the list contents to
> help with it. OTOH people that say they agree with it should help you with
> it. So far you are working on it alone, with some help from discomfitor.
BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED, I AM CAPTAIN PLANET

Seriously though, this is a stupid thread. We're not going to tag an alpha or
whatever until efl 1.1 is out since that's a dependency, so pull your panties
up and stop replying to this thread for now.

--
Mike Blumenkrantz
Zentific: Doctor recommended, mother approved.