On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 3:28 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 00:51:53 -0400 Christopher Michael
> <cpmicha...@comcast.net>
> said:
>> Agreed. But to 'jump the gun' and release early (read: earlier than
>> ready) at this stage is just silly. Take a little more time, finish the
>> work properly and have a Good release !! rather than a half-arsed one.
>> Hell, we've hammered on this for more years than I care to
>> count...what's a few more months ?? ;)
>
> thats actually another point - its not months - its weeks.

Let's hope so. We've been saying that for years.

And old time E community is weird. At some point is "who cares about
users?" and at another is "but users will complain".

Also, be realistic. While we old time geeks are all about ranting
GNOME3 and Unity they are stronger and stronger everyday. Don't let a
few whining people disturb your view of the whole picture. They loose
few kernel hackers that will happily move to "awesome" or "fluxbox",
but get dozen thousand users that will never know what is phoronix and
thus will not answer it there. TBH "happy users are quite".

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems