On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:35:01 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri <
> vto...@univ-evry.fr>
> said:
>

> > On Sun, 30 Oct 2011, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> >
> > > we released efl 1.0 back at the start of the year...
> > > is there a massive rise in developers? :)
> >
> > the EFL without kick-ass apps, showing we can do more than the other
> > similar libraries, are useless. So it's not really surprising.
>
> sure.
>
> > Btw, there is not a massive amount of new devs / users, but some new ones
> > appear. And there more people in IRC chans (#edevev and #e.fr) the last
> > few months. Not sure if the 1.0 release (with the puplicity we tried to
> > make) and this increase of devs/users are correlated, but my opinion is
> > that it helped.
>
> you know what gets lots and lots of users and attention? going onto a major
> distribution as the primary desktop. a release wont make that happen.

haha, sure it won't.. cause distros will take the svn snapshot... and sure,
doing a release in itself will not bring any user or attention, it has to
be part of a major distribution... what's your big plan on achieving that?
Oh and btw, I heard that if you weren't so stubborn, redhat/fedora/gnome
might still be using E as their primary WM.