On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:
On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, Iván Briano (Sachiel) wrote:
2011/11/11 Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr>:

The problem with that is guaranteeing that the entire thing builds.

make distcheck...

And if it doesn't build you have the script keep trying? There's the OBS
for that, though I don't know if it provides the tarballs too.

make distcheck || exit 1

that way, the script exits on error. So really, there is no problem at all. You
can also retrieve the error code, and let the script displaying message,
sending a mail, etc.. and exiting cleanly

Let's remember that "if it build, ship it" is not a good one. Many
things may fail even if they compile, like some incorrect string that
was changed with a typo.

same problem when we release, so... Release is basically : we update version, some file, make distcheck, we copy the tarball somewhere.

Vincent

I agree with Sachiel and think they want some guaranteed-to-work (at
least on Linux) tarballs, that they can use and assume all problems
found are OpenBSD specific and not bug on the generic parts.