2011/11/11 Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr>:

> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, Iván Briano (Sachiel) wrote:

>>> same problem when we release, so... Release is basically : we update
>>> version, some file, make distcheck, we copy the tarball somewhere.
>>>

>> Nah, you usually test releases to make sure they actually work, instead
>> of just firing make and uploading the package if it didn't fail.
>
> we can say : hey, here are dayly snapshot, these are compiling but must not
> work correctly". And you gave the list of dayly snapshot
>
> note that i wanted to do that for the freeze period. I don't see why you're
> relunctant to an automated process that requires 0s of work, except the
> basic shell script.
>
> But when that thread will end, the freeze period will be over...

I'm not reluctant to doing that, I'm keeping this within the context of
the original request. The freeze for the release ends next week, so the
release will happen around that time. I don't think setting up such a
system now makes sense within that context, but if it gets done for
the long term it's fine.