On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 19:01:31 +0100 Jonathan Armani <d...@asystant.net> said:

> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:47:32 -0500 Youness Alaoui
> > <kakar...@kakaroto.homelinux.net> said:
> >
> >> Reminds me of some of the stuff I've been saying...
> >> As for "don't have time to do tarballs everyday".. well, that's why there's
> >> something called "scripts" and "cron jobs".. those things exist, might be
> >> good to use these awesome technologies.
> >
> > hooray for your snide comments. wonderful attitude. you were not there on
> > irc, nor did you even seem to have read the material at hand (the patches).
> > seriously, what's up with you?
> >
> > do i suddenly have to be mr. nice to everything? "oh wow! how wonderful! so
> > awesome that you broke evas's api on your openbsd packages. so great to see.
> > we'll love hearing the app developers ask us for help about their apps not
> > working on openbsd, when we will have zero clue that it was an api/abi
> > breakage added specifically on openbsd. that's just awesome. please - make
> > more patches just like that!".
> >
> > if its bad, it's bad. reasons were explicitly given for it being bad.
>
> I accept without problem the critisism on these diff (note and look at
> the commit these are
> not from me). But that is my personnal git, and it contains
> experimental diff and these will never
> go in tree if they are not ok.
>
> I never asked a review of these ...

vincent did. if he hadn't - i would never have looked.

> But yeah once again you're right, all this work is shit on shit and
> the OpenBSD team is only capable
> of breaking your stuff.

i never said that or anything close to it. i'm not busy praising the good
catches - it's rare to ever see praise in any open source project for patches,
but you can expect hell for bad ones.

i accept now that you didn't submit them - fine. but i was asked by vincent to
look and thus... they got comments.