On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 2:54 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 02:33:22 -0200 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@profusion.mobi> said:
>
>> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 12:41 AM, hannes.janet...@gmail.com
>> <hannes.janet...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> > yours is more like win95 :P
>>
>> What you mean? it starts fading around 20px on each side, while win95
>> is a hard end.  I still think that separators should even be lighter
>> in color, with more vertical space. Will look nice, I can try it after
>> I'm done with connman (finishing it right now)
>
> speaking of themes... detorious is quite nice - i'd consider it for a default.
> it'd need more things in it that cover what it misses (from default). are you
> thinking it's worth fixing up and moving to (just require that it is fixed up
> to handle all things as default has a requirement to do that).

Yes, otherwise it may never catch up. If everyone focus on one theme
it will easily replace default.edc

One thing is that our themes are bit extensive, and it would be good
to have new icons as well. But we are still trying to do every icon
for everything, then lots of work.

Marina, gnome, kde, macos and even windows removed small icons from
menu and most lists. I've discussed this with you already, it's hard
to see the icons (except for you, eagle eyes ;-P), it's hard to do
them. By removing some icons that are basically meaningless we could
help that, leaving few icons to be reworked to provide fresh look (ie:
most configuration icons means nothing, try to figure out what those
key, window et al mean without reading the labels).

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems