On 05/17/2017 06:25 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> Sadly despite all the noise and the removal of ecore x code and
> linking. It seems the crash under Wayland remains. Which sucks!
> https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/ecrire/issues/2#issuecomment-301748209
>
> I am not able to run Wayland so some what crippled. May setup a VM and
> try in that to debug at least. T If anyone can provide any useful
> information so I can correct in the build system. That would really be
> appreciated!

As far as i'm aware there isn't a easy way to get wayland running in a VM.

> I do not believe it is anything code related. I removed all ecore x
> specific code and if defines. I removed libraries and cflags. But seems
> it is still causing problems. I am not sure if this is an EFL issue.
>
> Technically if under wayland should not have ecore x module. Though I
> understand, like is the case for myself, many are building with support
> for both. I doubt having just a Wayland only system is the proper fix.
>
> It seems like ecrire is linking to a BUNCH of stuff is should not be
> and stuff it is not using. Doing a ldd ecrire, I see all sorts of
> stuff, gpg, etc. Things I know are not in use nor being linked on
> purpose. Even seems to be the case with Gentoo builds, so its not
> anything Gentoo cmake eclasses strip out etc.

efl links to alot as its libraries do alot, if you compare it to
terminology and rage you probably shouldn't see anything extra though.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30