I'm not fully understanding what you mean? Putting BW filters on the digital camera itself? I don't think that would do anything for you. As far as I know, the photo is still taken in color, it is just desaturated in camera in the BW mode. Far better to use the color photo, then convert in PS channel mixer in which you are basically doing the same thing that you would have done with filters over the lens with a BW film camera.

Steve