Hi Marco:

I love my EOS 3 and 1n as well and have been thinking about the same
problem recently.  I have a 20D but it isn't exactly like EOS 3 in
terms of ease of handling.  I'd say 20D operates more like the old EOS
5 or 50E.  I suppose 30D and 40D would be in similar situation.
That's why I'm saving my $$ to get a EOS 1Ds.  (I like full frame 'cos
I want to some of my super wide glass).  :)

Just my 2 cents,

Gary