Never been convinced of the presumed basis of ontological/
epistemological/methodological myself Nom.

Oh sure.... next you'll tell me that you challenge mathematics.....
counting atoms...the periodic table.. etc, bringing it back to your
chemistry.....Maybe you can express your doubts as to lack of "conviction"?
or "convincedness" ?  in ontology or epistemology.... as to methodology,
well, that depends on the method, I suppose....
Deconstruct.... whenever I hear that word my skin crawls... now there's a
methodology that you should definitely debunk..... tripe....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deconstruction
binary tripe, to be precise....what those "phenomenologists" do not take
into account is the actual "structure" of the existing reality (be it , as
it is, a combination of Concept(idea) and reference(physical
thing).....they go off in their binary oppositions and wind up confusing
and confounding all "things" in all ways...

Let's see if I can give you a fairly rudimentary example, from the Snow
White tale analysis.... what is an "apple", in that context?
Hello twonickles,

Ok Nominal, I'm now throughly confused. Although I understand your
circle of roles, I can't seem to visualize what you're saying here:
>>You have seen the Sign "Triangle" above... the distinction between:

.........................Vox (Sign).........................

Conceptus (Idea).......................... Res (Matter)....

Deos my addition of the dots help you visualize the "Triangle", as a
diagram?
If you have difficulty with "how" or "what" a Vox(sign)
"signifies"...... here's a very rough sample....

...........................Apple..........................

Sustenance...............................Red,Round,Fruit....

Of course.... the concept and the reference side of the Sign "Apple"
varies from one "individual" (variety) to another and also on the
ammount of information that you want to supply on both sides.... talk
to a farmer or to a biologist about "apples" and you may learn a lot
more than you care to know....

nominal9

Twonickles & CC, et al (if you are still around)....
before I get to your latest question of the tie in to my "circle" of
roles.... I want you to consider how BillyO's "triangles" can be
disposed in the "square" of opposition.... remember?
****

Well that's enough for now.... Chew that over for a while. If y'all
want to continue... try to think how BillyO's Sign Triangle can be
used to "signify" the "Plan" and "Action" part of any given "Course of
Action". Then... try to think how the BillyO's sign "Triangles" can be
disposed in the traditional "Square" of logical Opposition.... If it
interests y'all, of course.

nominal9
****
Let's start with the "Sign" APPLE (since that's the one I happened to
use as an example). I said that the sign APPLE could be thought of as
the following "Triangle":
..................Apple.................

Sustenance................... Red, Round, Fruit

Now... here's a chance (?) complication.... what do y'all know about
Apple Seeds? Here are two links that explain what I'm getting at...
http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/protec...

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/ge...

So... it would appear that APPLE SEEDS, to the contrary, have the
following "triangle":
...............Apple Seed........

Poison.........................Small, Brown, Pit

So.... If you dispose the Possible "sign aspects" in the logical
"square".... you come up with something like the following: (Concept-
based Disposition... notice)

Sustenance/Fruit.....................Poison/Pit

Sustenance/ Pit......................Poison/Fruit

(Whatta y'all think?.... Pretty neat, Huh????)
Now, if y'all want to continue this.... Lemme know.
nominal9

In the tale... the wicked queen took a sustenance "fruit"( reference) and
added a copious quantity of physical venom to it... thereby changing it
into a poison fruit.

so... what's the "binary" deconstruction there?.... there isn't any because
the deconstruction "methodology' is based on some half-arsed notions that
don't take into account that each and every "categorematic" (at least) word
is made up of more that one sort (as in both concept and reference) of
"meaning" component.... deconstruct my foot... call it a hatchet job of
"sense".... worse than nonsense....no sense whatsoever....

Deconstruction is like saying "liberty is the opposite of cheese".....more
often than not....

The rest of your post gets into all sorts of other issues that I would like
to discuss, but It would take some more specification.... I would like to
too few job openings in the areas.... what do you propose, some sort of
"classist" solution... let the rich children of "privilege" get the
education since they will more than likely attain the choice jobs (one way
or another) and let the poor slobs remain ignorant, so they won't "know
better" to challenge the upper r crust?....is the old boy English lord
mentality coming out in you?... what do you propose as a solution?