http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postmodern_philosophy
Postmodernism.....Thanks for this post, Archytas... it gave me a glimpse
into this "brave new world"....Is this the new "in-thing"?....What became
of "positivism"?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positivism

I was "taught" phenomenology (Objective Concept / Subjective Reference) and
rebelled against it very hard... it would seem to push me away from
postmodernism and "back" toward positivism (Subjective Concept / Objective
Reference), I suppose...

As for Leibniz, Descartes, Spinoza that Stephen mentions, as the Leibniz
entry below reminded me... they were from the school called
"rationalist"... and pretty much, in the broader framework, I myself call
them all three "idealists" (Subjective Concept / Subjective Reference)...
"I think therefore I am"....glad to hear it I say sarcastically... now how
about the rest of the universe? Seriously , though...for them it seems all
thought process (har)....little to no physical experiment....

The names change a bit as times proceed... but the main "epistemological"
directions usually seem to be distinguishable... give or take....Pick one
and disagree with the rest....Personally I say Screw The Stupid
Phenomenologists...... they get everything Ass-Backwards.... HAR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebniz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descartes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinoza