> > disadvantages
> > different from X, advantage include stateless
> > (disconnect/reconnect),
> > simple ports (5900+), full desktop, and free ($$ and GPL).
>
> It sounds like Franklin has a different problem than what VNC solves.
> He wants to run a program on Linux that will display its results on a
> DOSbox (I think).  VNC will put a whole X desktop on his DOSbox, which
> is different.

this is correct, I want to run a program on the slackware box via user
manipulation/input on the windows side with the output/program
displayed on the window* box.  due to contractual obligations I
am not allowed to install anything outside of windows on the windows side.

I was able to get it setup today after playing with the port settings on
the firewall, though it was noticeably slow.  May still try to thread it
through SSH which should speed things up a little (from what I have
read).  Imagine to do this I need to configure SSH to allow X-forwarding
then swap authorized_keys between the clients?

TIA,

/frank