Franklin Hays wrote:

> I was able to get it setup today after playing with the port settings on
> the firewall, though it was noticeably slow.

May I ask:

        What kind of app is it?  A realtime video editor has different
        performance requirements than a forms-based DBMS front
        end. (-:

        What kind/speed of network connection is it?

        How many simultaneous users?

        Which X toolkit(s) does it use?

        Characterize "slow".  Slow startup, slow interaction,
        slow screen-painting, slow learners, ...

I run simple X apps over Ethernet all day long, and I rarely notice
their performance.  I occasionally run xterm or Emacs over IDSL (128
Kbits/sec), and while it takes a while to come up, it's fine from then
on.

--
                                        K<bob>
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.jogger-egg.com/