I have a concern over Nord-Lock (NL) washers.  It is simply that there is - as
I understand it - a plain metal to metal interface between the top of the NL
washer and the underside of the bolt head.  Then there is another plain
interface between the bottom of the NL washer and the article that the bolt is
securing.  Whilst I can see that there is an interesting and no doubt effective
mechanism to resist movement between the 2 halves of the NL washer, what is
stopping the bolt head moving relative to the top half of the NL washer or the
bottom half of the NL washer relative to the 'secured article'?

They just seem to be moving the slipping point, or rather they are not because
these two regions is where slipping would occur with just a standard washer in
there instead of a NL one.  So I'm not convinced.  MW