Hello Harry,

The Spark EV is a "Compliance Car". It is only being sold in California and Oregon. If you live in one of those two states, you may want to consider it. It also comes with a pack comprised of A123 cells. Personally, I would not touch a GM product after what they did to the EV1 and their callousness with regard to the starter switches.

Only the Tesla models, iMEV, and the Nissan Leaf are being offered here. The Tesla is a little rich for my blood.

On 7/8/2014 9:12 PM, harry henderson via EV wrote:
what about the chevy spark?

harry

Albuquerque, NM
current bike:  http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/1179
current non-bike: http://evalbum.com/1000

On Mon, 7/7/14, brucedp5 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

  Subject: Re: [EVDL] What serious EVs are available, at what price & how do
they compare?
  To: ev@lists.evdl.org
  Date: Monday, July 7, 2014, 10:53 AM
With a little help from
  my friends, I am corrected: according to
  http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/charging-range/range/
  "The Nissan LEAF® can get you 84 miles on
  a single charge. [*] Speed,
  topography,
  load, and accessory use can significantly affect the
  estimated
  range."
So, recalculating the list using 84 miles @
  $3200 for the Leaf EV:
Leaf: ~381 (=32000/84) i3: ~511 (=43000/81) Tesla-S: ~337 (=70000/208) The Tesla Model-S is still the overall better
  deal using my funny-numbers
  above, and the
  Leaf is still the better lower-purchase-cost deal.
I hope everyone realizes that
  range figures are a moving target (everyone's
  range will vary). The  mynissanleaf.com
  forum had a chart that showed some
  speed to
  range ratios that some might find interesting:
  http://www.smidgeindustriesltd.com/leafrangewithtesla.gif
But I stuck with using the EPA
  numbers for each EV, not because I believe
  the EPA range is fact, but to compare apples
  with apples.
{brucedp.150m.com} On Mon, Jul 7, 2014, at 09:21 AM, Jamie K via
  EV wrote:
  > Note that the LEAF is
  currently rated at 84 mile EPA range, not 75.
  > Taking that into account, and if you look
  at the actual price people are
  > likely
  to pay post tax incentives, the LEAF currently has the
  lowest
  > cost per range mile of those
  three EVs.
  -