From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> on behalf of Rick Beebe via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 8:46 AM
Cc: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Electronics help anyone

I actually have a Zeva sitting on my workbench. It had the same problem. I
replaced it with the AutoblockAMP in large part because of the programmability
of the latter plus the packaging is much more industrial.

Thanks Bill. I'm actually quite versed in Arduinos. I built a battery box heat
controller using a Pro Mini, a relay board and some temperature probes. I have
an ISAScale high precision shunt with CANBus output that I'm playing with that
I'll use an Arduino to read and to display SOC, Amps, etc on a small LCD that
I'll imbed in the dash. I actually do have that setup driving a fuel gauge. I
was resisting going that route for this just because I also have to find a
place to put it, get an appropriate power supply, etc. But it may be the best
option.

--Rick

> On Oct 26, 2016, at 1:33 AM, Tom Keenan <tnan...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I have a similar device in my old Electron Ford Escort - a ZEVA fuel gauge
> driver plus. It works quite well with the old Ford analog gauges.
> http://www.evwest.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=144
[http://www.evwest.com/catalog/images/thumbs/def/display/products/zeva-fuel-gauge-driver-plus-4.jpg]<http://www.evwest.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=144>

ZEVA Fuel Gauge Driver Plus, EV West - Electric Vehicle
...<http://www.evwest.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=144>
www.evwest.com
This device displays the state of charge of your EV's battery pack on the
factory fuel gauge in your dash. The FGD+ is also able to drive your factory ...

> You might try their setup file - might be the same device as the one you
> have, just made in Australia.
> Tom Keenan
>
>> On Oct 25, 2016, at 1:05 PM, Rick Beebe via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
>>
>> I have a 1998 Ford Ranger (http://evalbum.com/4674) that I bought as a
[http://www.evalbum.com/imgm.php?n=4674a.jpg&w=250&h=140]<http://evalbum.com/4674>

Rick's 1998 Ford Ranger - evalbum.com<http://evalbum.com/4674>
evalbum.com
Owner: Rick Beebe: Location: Hamden, Connecticut US map: Email: Vehicle: 1998
Ford Ranger XLT Supercab (White) extended cab. 6' bed. 5 speed manual. Bed lift