On 01/23/2017 10:07 AM, Ed Blackmond via EV wrote:
Is anyone trying to reverse engineer the handshake between the
Leaf BMS and the rest of the car?

I am interested in learning how to reset the capacity gauge. Cor
replaced the battery cells in my 2011 Leaf about 2000 miles ago.
LeafSpy now reports about 62.5AH, but the capacity gauge on the dash
hasn't budged. I get over 265 GIDs on a full charge and the car has
range equal to what it was when new.  The state of charge gauge works
fine and the distance to empty number is as inaccurate as ever.

Interesting. I had assumed that the capacity gauge shown in the lower
cluster would automatically follow the BMS's readings, but apparently it only goes down. Perhaps they are treating it like the odometer, which only goes up ;>

I imagine that a dealership has the right software to re-set it.

Perhaps you could just go in and tell them that your capacity gauge doesn't agree with leaf spy and ask if they can re-set it for you, without telling them WHY it doesn't match....

Jay