This message was composed by me and sent using an electronic device.
> On Jan 24, 2017, at 1:32 AM, Tom Parker <t...@carrott.org> wrote:
>
>> On 24/01/17 04:07, Ed Blackmond via EV wrote:
>>
>> I am interested in learning how to reset the capacity gauge. Cor replaced
>> the battery cells in my 2011 Leaf about 2000 miles ago. LeafSpy now reports
>> about 62.5AH, but the capacity gauge on the dash hasn't budged. I get over
>> 265 GIDs on a full charge and the car has range equal to what it was when
>> new.  The state of charge gauge works fine and the distance to empty number
>> is as inaccurate as ever.
>>

> When you say the capacity gauge, do you mean the outer column of battery
> bars? IE you car still has the number of bars remaining that your old battery
> had before it was replaced?
>
> You kept the original BMS, right? Do you know if the BMS is reporting healthy
> data and the instrument cluster is ignoring it, or if the BMS is reporting
> the old data? Obviously the BMS is reporting Ah & GIDs values that match the
> battery, but perhaps those values don't drive the instrument display? What
> about the SOH?

Yes, by capacity gauge I mean the outer column of battery bars.  That column
still has the number of bars that were there before the battery cells were
swapped.

LeafSpy now reports AHr=62.44 SOH=96% 89.3%. A few hours after a full charge
(100%), there are 266 GIDs. It is about 2000 miles since the swap. These
numbers rose fairly rapidly for about 1000 miles (maybe 0.5AHr per day -- more
if I drove about 50% and let it sit unplugged for several hours -- less if I
drove less or plugged it in, even without charging, right away). Then they
stayed fairly constant for a while. Now they seem to be creeping up again.

I'm sorry I don't have better data.

Ed