On 24/01/17 23:25, Tom Parker via EV wrote:

On my car, there is only one frame that isn't repeated continuously after startup (0x603 is sent once, with a single byte payload which is 00 in my captures).

I'll try disconnecting the 12v battery tomorrow and see if anything different happens at when it's connected, or during the first startup.

I removed the 12V battery and there was no activity on the EV CAN bus when it was reconnected. There were also no new messages when I turned the car on, and other than 0x603, they all streamed continuously. I waited quite a long time (10 minutes maybe) before reconnecting the battery.

I guess this means the BMS authentication is in the repeating messages, or it is triggered by some other event than disconnecting the 12V battery, or you can have the 12V battery disconnected for a very long time without breaking the BMS authentication.