On 7/10/21 1:50 PM, Peter Eckhoff via EV wrote:

Blind spot detection in my Model 3 is useless.  I rely only on my mirrors
and turning my head; not on the terminal presentation

I find that comment interesting. The 2020 Nissan Altima I drove when testing out ProPilot had Blind Spot indicators (orange light up indicators mounted in the front doors just under where you would look for the rear view mirrors).

Driving down the freeway with cars going by on both sides they would turn on and off as vehicles were on either side of you near the rear of the car.

They were mostly unnoticeable if you were not looking towards the mirrors, so not at all distracting (at least, in the daytime, I didn't try driving at night), but they were VERY noticeable if you glanced at a side mirror.

I felt that they were very useful and a nice feature to have. (They never "saved" me, but just having them around made me feel better).

Jay