Hi Roger

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi Platonist Guitar Cowboy
>
> I always let the market decide.

Please. It's peoples' behavior that determines market. And it has decided:
you can steal from the coming generations by allowing energy industry to
continue stealing from you or you can work to lower long term costs for
your friends and family, the people you live with, local interests and
community, energy independence and profit in long term.

But sure, go ahead, think that gas and utilities prices will keep falling
as dramatically as they have.

> You can't go wrong that way.

I doubt Leibniz would agree. Harnessing energy all around us instead of
burning, drilling etc. is the least materialistic prospect for now,
concerning energy.

Additionally, both Jesus and numbers of straight market economics over the
long run, and if you're smart even in short to mid term (I know people who
are making profit TODAY by mixing their energy needs with contributing
energy themselves; the moment you can afford to do this, it makes sense
from any economic point of view), do not cohere with your infallibility
derived from market + short-term perspective. Also, you could consider
dealing the most harmful, addictive drugs and/or get into organized crime:

the market has decided these to be very lucrative. But drop the Jesus and
God talk for now on, because your usage and relationship to personal
theology seems pretty clear now. Thanks for sharing.

PGC