On 15 Jan 2013, at 00:38, meekerdb wrote:

On 1/14/2013 10:20 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

Lobbying should be forbidden.

But it's just another name for "petitioning your government". Lobbyists provide a lot research and expertise to the legislative process,

Biased by personal interests.

so I don't think it is workable to just forbid them.

I did not say it was easy. Note that in Europa lobbying is more or less forbidden, but by lack of bipartition, we have often coalition which succeed in defending some special interest too.

We have to think to prevent democracy being swallowed by corporatism. When Romney said that "corporations" are people, I get the chilling ...