Brent, thanks for the remark on the Th - salt fission prosess it may be
workable if technically easily performed and safe -
I claim obsolescence for not knowing the details.

You may be right with solar, just consider the surfaces to be covered with
panels to match an increasing global energy requirement. I think the
geothermic is a better option - not exclusively, but in addition.
JohnM