On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

​>> ​
>> So which one will become the Moscow Man? The one that will see Moscow.
>> What more is there to say?
>

> ​> ​
> That it confirms the prediction "W v M" made in Helsinki,

​
But there was supposed to be one new bit of information that is known after
the experiment but not before, but before the experiment the Helsinki Man
already knew that
​t​
he one that will see Moscow
​ will become the Moscow man; so what exactly is that one new bit of
information? ​

> ​> ​
> and that it refutes the prediction "W & M".
> ​

​I don't know if it refutes it or not, what exactly was the
"W & M"
​ prediction about?​

​> ​
> Then, given the numerical identity, it gives P(M) = P(W) = 1/2.

​OK there is a 50-50 probability, but a 50-50 probability of who seeing
what? ​

​
>> ​>>​
>> So what was that one bit of information do you have after the experiment
>> that you didn't have before? If Moscow is zero and Washington is one is
>> that one bit of new information that you have now but didn't have before a
>> zero or a one? ​
>

> ​> ​
> The M-man lived the apparent "collapse" from "W v M" to M (that gives him
> one bit of first person information, that it can write in his personal
> diary), and likewise the W-man lived the apparent "collapse" from "W v M"
> to W, giving him one bit of information too.

​
That's nice, but
​
Bruno Marcha
​
​
didn't answer the question,
​
 what was that one bit of information do
​
*YOU*
*​*
have after the experiment that
​
*YOU*
*​*
didn't have before?
​
If this really is a question and is not gibberish then it has a one word
answer, all John Clark wants to know is if that one word is zero or one.
​ Is that so hard?​

> ​> ​
> In the 3p description, we go from 0 bit to 0 bit, but in the 1p
> experiences we go from 0 bit to 1 bit.

​Irrelevant. What one new bit of information did *YOU* get after the
experimental that *YOU* didn't have before?

John K Clark ​