From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Jan 15, 2017 9:17 pm
Subject: Re: An invisible fuzzy amoral mindless blob, aka God

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 spudboy100 via Everything List
<everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

​> ​
Well, let us guess that whatever God is or was, exists as some kind of super
intelligent fellow,

It takes more than being smarter that a ​human to be God, you've got to be
omnipotent and have created the universe.

​> ​
Should we go looking for him or her, along with the other happy space aliens,
skipping about the Hubble Volume?

​If space aliens existed they should be easy to detect, the fact we haven't
​heard a peep from them makes me think they don't exist. And God existed then
teleology would be at the heart of things rather than cause and effect, but we
don't see the slightest hint of that, and God is just as silent as ET.

​> ​
Maybe if we built better space telescopes,enormously, better, we'd find
evidence, maybe?

​Better
 space telescopes
​ would be great but they're not needed for that. If God or ET existed it would
be obvious to a blind man in a fog bank. ​

  John K Clark