From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Jan 18, 2017 7:31 pm
Subject: Re: An invisible fuzzy amoral mindless blob, aka God

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 2:31 PM, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

​> ​
I don't think it's obvious that we could detect that a probe had    been sent
to a star.

​It would be obvious if it was a self replicating von Neumann probe, just one
probe could construct a Dyson Sphere around every star in the Galaxy in 50
million years, and that would be very hard to overlook.

​> ​
And in any case the observable universe is    very much bigger than our galaxy.

​If ET existed the observable universe would look engineered, and it doesn't.

John K Clark​