On Monday, July 22, 2019 at 1:06:05 PM UTC-5, Brent wrote:

> I haven't read Nozick's closest continuer theory.  How would it apply to
> MWI?  Is the branch in which you change the least the only one that's the
> "real you"?  That would account for a lot of mental intransigence...but it
> doesn't seem plausible.
>
> Brent

I remember reading about the Robert Nozick (*Philosophical Explanations*)
closest continuer theory* in the 80s. Maybe it can be connected to many
worlds. (Sean? :))

  *  https://www.iep.utm.edu/nozick/#H4

I had this idea earlier today. Neil Turok is a proponent of the cyclic
universe. So what if the universe goes forward in time, backwards in time,
repeats (but each repeat is different from the others).

Thus one gets the many words from the cyclic universe.

@philipthrift