On Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 1:55:52 PM UTC+2, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 21 Jul 2019, at 08:11, Dan Sonik <dania...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>

> <snip>
>

>> Or, if you don’t die, the only way to avoid the indeterminacy is by
>> claiming that you will feel to be at both city at once, but that will need
>> some telepathy hardly compatible with the idea that the level of
>> substitution was correctly chosen.
>>
>> So, do you die or not in the step 3?
>>

> I don't know -- build a DDTR machine from all that great math and let's
> find out -- you go first.
>

> Let me rephrase the question:

That's the thing though, some folks won't.

And for those people all you got is "you don't have an argument, you're a
weak materialist blah blah blah", when one can reject all argumentation at
its root and state plainly that you lack evidence/tractability for the
extraordinary claims of however you choose to sell  mathematical
philosophy/personal mysticism, themselves uninformed by advanced/recent
discussion on many philosophical, linguistic, metaphysical, even
mathematical fronts, this week.

Then your discourse tries to make out some perceived metaphysical
commitment which is then embedded and assimilated by UDA/personal mysticism
somewhere but you have no answer to those that say: "No. Evidence is not
convincing, problem has tractability issues, consciousness discussions can
be manipulated and veer into charlatan territory etc." which I've
maintained for years now.

The forced nature with which you try ceaselessly to assimilate discourses
of others + claim fellow members as trophies for your mysticism: evidence
that you guys are ideologues. You can't have a person refuse to consent
that UDA/your personal mysticism fails to have merit. That's why it
appears, and for all practical purposes IS, synonymous with a con game and
pseudoscientific "discussion". There is certitude here, which by your own
measures is I guess evidence of "the right kind of scientific attitude". PGC