On 4/28/2021 11:39 AM, Terren Suydam wrote:

I'm interested in a theory of consciousness that can tell me, among other things, how it is that we have conscious experiences when we dream. Don't you wonder about that?

No especially.  It's certainly consistent with consciousness being a brain process.  And it's consistent with Jeff Hawkins theory that the brain is continually trying to predict sensation and it is predictions that are endorsed by the most neurons that constitute conscious thoughts.  in sleep, with little or no sensory input the predictions wander, depending mainly on memory for input.