On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> Mandrake is a glibc-based distribution.

Correct.... but
some versions of Netscape were compiled against the wrong version of
glibc, and not compatible with the glibc versions Mandrake has been using.
(probably why the Mozilla milestones seem so much smoother when they work at
all) Last I heard, the Netscape versions at Mandrake were using the old libc
compatibility libraries....  I don't know it that is still true for 7.0,
though.  Anyone out there know for sure?

Civileme

>  > But while we're on it . . . >  > Netscape crashes left and right
on me under Mandrake 7.0, though it's > not Mandrake-specific; it started
crashing all the time when I upgraded > my RedHat 6.1 distribution to X 3.3.6.