well if you are mainly using this for a dialing router. Get e-smith
www.e-smith.net  it's interface is a web page. You can only get to the
management from the inside network. It has samba up and running already. it has
diald configured.  We are using this at work for our internet gateway-firewall
machine. There are a few thing we want to add to it. ( web mail interface, web
calendar interface) It already has squid setup and with an added redirect script
it takes all(most) of our webpage ads out. I am also working on a content filter
for the several machine that the public can get to ( several kids left the
browsers open to inappropriate sites one day) . But go over to www.e-smith.net
or www.e-smith.org the have a web forun and you can sign up to the devel mailing
list and listen and ask questions for a while before you decide. The main
disadvantage is that they don't install and development packages so you can't
complile, you have no X all admin is done thru the web interface and it doesn't
cover everything some might want to do.  I added webmin to mine to help with
some of the things I wanted to do.