On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, you wrote:
| "Brian T. Schellenberger" écrivit :
|
| > Mandrake is a glibc-based distribution.
| >
| > But while we're on it . . .
| >
| > Netscape crashes left and right on me under Mandrake 7.0, though it's
| > not Mandrake-specific; it started crashing all the time when I upgraded
| > my RedHat 6.1 distribution to X 3.3.6.
| >
| > Are other people running into this?  Is it fixed in Netscape 4.72?
|
| Hi,
|
| It's fixed in all Netscape-4.70-*mdk (except 4.70-5mdk). It's also fixed
| in 4-72-1mdk.

Well, I have the strandard Mandrake 7.0 distribution, which has:

netscape-communicator-4.70-6mdk.i586.rpm

and I have never seen a less stable version in my entire life, though
it is just *as* unstable as the 4.70 *and* 4.57 versions under RedHat
6.1 after being upgraded to X 3.3.6 with the Mach64 driver.

On the other hand, I've never seen a *more* stable version than that
very same 4.57 version under RedHat 6.1 while running X 3.3.5 with the
framebuffer driver.

--
I am "Brian, the man from babble-on" (Brian T. Schellenberger).
I can be reached at [EMAIL PROTECTED] .