On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Gavin Clark wrote:

> Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 23:22:01 -0700
> From: Gavin Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [expert] new reiser question
>
> on 7/23/00 11:00 PM, Vincent Danen  wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 09:43:26PM -0500, Vic wrote:
> >
> >> Just wondering,
> >> how does everyone who is trying out the reiser fs like it?
> >>
> >> Any pros cons?
>

> does anyone see it replacing EXT2 as the default anytime soon?

If you are a frequent reader of kernel traffic, kt.linuxcare.com, Alan Cox
supposedly doesn't want Reiserfs in the kernel till at least 2.5, Reiser
himself claims there are a bunch of FUD reasons Alan is making up, and
there is a sort of flame war going on. Let's just say that Reiser and Cox
don't want to get along too well. I personally believe we need Reiserfs to
get a real edge against others, and it is annoying to apply the kernel
patch each time hoping it works... I would much rather have built-in
support!

--
Regards,

Ellick Chan