> there is a sort of flame war going on. Let's just say that Reiser and Cox
> don't want to get along too well. I personally believe we need Reiserfs to
> get a real edge against others, and it is annoying to apply the kernel
> patch each time hoping it works... I would much rather have built-in
> support!

somethign is better than nothing dosn't work in this world.. if you have
ReiserFS, it better work... else I don't see any point in including it in
the kernel.. some distributions like LM itself gives the user the option to
install ReiserFS in beta.. so thats fine i guess!

its ok to test it on home machines.. including it in the kernel means
mission critical users would want to try out too.. keeping it out of the
default kernel will stop those users from using it.. and that i think is
good. its always good to have the best things in and beta things left out
or marked "beta" clearly.

-sarang