>Try "Option sw_cursor" to change the white square to a mouse
>pointer.

i was going to say the same thing.  it should be in X86Config or
X86Config-4.  i'm really not sure on the naming system, and/or if
X86Config-4 shows up only in XFree86 4.0, or what.  as such, i'm still
having trouble installing drivers for my new geforce2mx.  and yes, my
system was crashing before i added the card, on my vanilla TNT board.

as for SiS chipsets, i say, avoid them like the plague.  i've never
heard anything good about them aside from "it was cheap/it was
integrated on the MoBo."

also, as i've got the download of mdk7.2, would anyone reccomend the
powerpack edition?  best buy had it running for 25 bucks after mail in
rebate.  are the extra software packages worth the cost?  or is there
more to the package that i don't know about?

thanks again, you're all wonderful.
michael j. rogers.