On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Todd Lyons wrote:

> David Guntner wrote on Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 08:33:02PM -0700 :
>
> > I was wondering about that myself.  Thanks for the information, I'll
> > give that a try.  But I definitely agree with Toshiro; it's a major
> > step *backwards*.  The rpmdrake that comes with 9.0 is amazingly
>
> Instead of a seperately written program hooking into both urpm and rpm
> libs, there is anow a series of programs hooking into the urpm libs.
> Simpler to maintain and better compatibility.  It is indeed a step
> forward from the programmer side of things.  From the user side of
> things, it could be perceived as a step backwards.  Once you learn the
> different methods and get used to it, you'll realize that it is a much
> better and more stable product.

  Is the end-user's convenience less important than the programmer's?
Who is the product being developed for, anyway?  Although the new version
is pretty, and I appreciate that it's easier for the programmer, I too
think it's a step backward in functionality for the actual user.  I might
change my mind, but so far I *don't* think it's a better product.

Dale Huckeby