I find this post kind of ridiculous.  Why bring partisan politics onto
this list?  Both the republicans and democrats have shown their poor
stances on these topics.  Sure a Democrat controlled Senate and a
Republican controlled House passed the DMCA.  This current republican
administration has certainly not shown any great leadership when coming up
with its cybersecurity/anti-cyberterrorism policies.  The problem is that
politicans in this country rely heavily on industry leaders for both their
technical information in drawing up policies and political contributions
to run their campaigns.  These politicians need to be told what the actual
computing community and academics in the field believe should be done as
well as being in discussion with those "industry leaders" that they
currently rely on.

I understand that this is a good forum to discuss how politics will effect
the computing community, but bringing partisan politics into this,
especially when these issues are receiving bipartisan support of
politians, is inappropriate for a technical support list.

both republicans and democrats are seeking to grab more power for
themselves.  any statements to the contrary simply show a poor
understanding of how politics currently works in this country.

Les Henderson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]