J. Craig Woods grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> Todd Lyons wrote:
> >
> > I agree that this is worthy of being talked about...
> >
> >                   but not here.
> >
> > Move this discussion elsewhere.  This thread is not appropriate for a
> > technical mailing list.
> >

> Todd,
>
> I disagree with your assessment. [etc]

IMO, you're out of line, Craig.  When the administrator of a mailing list
says that a discussion thread is off topic for the list and asks that the
discussion be moved elsewhere, you do it.  You don't argue with him or her
about it.

I also happen to agree with Todd (though even if I disagreed with him, I
would still be making the above statement).  This is *not* a political
forum.  If I had wanted political discussion(s), I would have signed up for
such a list.  I didn't, I therefor don't want it, and those of you dragging
out the discussion are wasting my (and everyone else's) bandwidth droning
on and on about something that's outside the purview of this list.

Yes, it *is* an important matter.  And there are more appropriate forums
for discussing it in depth.

                     --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!