Todd Lyons wrote:

> Lyvim Xaphir wrote on Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 12:15:18PM -0400 :
> > I've written before about the relationship between the Democrats and the
> > Entertainment industry (RIAA, etc) and the havoc they are wreaking with
> > our digital rights (DMCA [Digital Millennium Copyright Act], CBDTA
> > [Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act]).  For those
>
> I agree that this is worthy of being talked about...
>
>                   but not here.
>
> Move this discussion elsewhere.  This thread is not appropriate for a
> technical mailing list.

Todd,

I disagree with your assessment. After over three years on this list, I
can unequivocally say that you would be hard-pressed to call this list a
"technical" or even "expert" mailing list. When issues of "I lost my
root password" or "how do I create a desktop icon" are discussed ad
nauseam, we have ceased from being anything but a place for the exchange
of ideas, albeit Linux ideas, which is okay too. I have seen, and read
with great incredulity, that only about ten to fifteen percent of the
posts to this list are of a technical or expert nature.

I, for one, think that the future of the open source movement,
particularly Linux, is of great concern to this list, and therefore this
thread is appropriate to this venue. LX has shared some concerns with
us, and it is good to be aware of any source of opposition to the
freedom of choice, as it affects are computer endeavors . Kwan (good
job) has given us some statistics to ponder.

Lighten up, dude, it is all in the nature of being human. Besides, if
you are not carefull, we will mutiny, and demand the return of civileme
:-)

drjung

--
J. Craig Woods