>There is a clear issue here.
>
>It is international cooperation vs. unilateralism.
>
>The Bush administration has demonstrated its contempt for internationalism
by:

>1) abrogating the ABM treaty
>2) scuttling the protocols for the biological weapons treaty
>3) ignoring the Geneva Convention
>4) rejecting the Viena convention
>5) ignoring the Kyoto accords

I will agree with you on counts 1, 2, and 4. The other counts, I have to
disagree with you on.

3) When have we ignored the Geneva Conventions? Don't bring up al Quadea
either; the Geneva Conventions specifically apply to combatants in times of
war, not terrorists.

5) We never signed the Kyoto accords. It is our soverign right to sign or not
sign onto a treaty. Since we did not sign Kyoto, we never agreed to be bound
by it. If we're talking about global democracy I'm all for it, but it's a
two-way street. Last I checked, Germany and France rather enjoyed being able
to exercise their soverign rights by slapping us in the face.

On that note, doesn't France still owe us like a trillion dollars from the
Lend-Lease act??? :-)