On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 08:36 -0600, Chuck Burns wrote:
> FACT: The French have oil contracts with Iraq.

Aha! Now we are seeing some real beef. The French have and the US have
not? (You may recognize that I'm coming down to your level of arguing
slowly but surely).

> FACT: Nearly all the Iraqi weapons are of old Soviet design, where did they
> get these designs? Russia and her neighbors, under the old USSR

So let me see, whre we have all old weapons from Russia with love:
German criminals use them, some dozen countries in Africa use them,
Pakistan has some, ....

> Now.. You explain to me why these nations are reneging on their signed
> documents?  Why, all of a sudden, the SAME nations who AGREED to Resolution
> 1441, now are saying that it shouldn't be carried out?  Please, explain that
> to me.  I am waiting.

Why don't you read the text of 1441 instead of waiting? Didn't you
learn to search and evaluate information?

Where in 1441 is the sentence which automatically creates a
declaration of war if 1441 was not followed by the letter?

It all boils down to the situation that Mr. Bush and his followers are
like a French Terrier dog, getting up on his hindfeet ready to be
unleashed to get at his prey.
The more calmer parties in the council are prepared to give the prey a
bit more leeway to avoid an unpleseant scene.
Well, Tony, he is different case at all. He has so many problems at home
in Downing Street that he was really happy to find an issue to
distract his people. Which will not work at all. If Tony Blair joins
Mr. Bush he will lose his job, that's for sure. The majority of his
people is against war at every cost, same as in Germany.

Mr. Schroeder can not vote against the will of the German parliament.
He has to discuss the issue in parliament and if this parliament says
"Nay" he is forced to say "Nay" in the council. Mr. Schroeder does not
speak for himself, he speaks for the German people. That is one of the
differences between him and Mr. Bush.

wobo