On Wednesday 29 January 2003 12:14 pm, Praedor Tempus Atrebates wrote:

> of US citizens with contrary views to those of the court-appointed US
> president and his apologists - I count several besides myself in this list
> thus far. Not all Americans respond with reflex support for what the
> current person in the White House says.

Just to be accurate, there were no less than -3- independent recounts of the
votes after the election - Bush was the winner in all 3 recounts. So....he
was not "court appointed". Under the rules of our voting system - whoever
takes the most votes in the Electoral college wins. Bush did this. Gore did
have more popular votes - but he did not have more electoral votes. There are
a lot of opinions (for and against) the electoral college - but it is the way
the system is setup legally. It was setup before the election between Bush
and Gore. Only Gore wanted to change the rules AFTER the election started.

--

                                                                 /\
                                                         Dark< >Lord