Am Dienstag, 22. Juli 2003 13:48 schrieb stefmit:
> On Tuesday 22 July 2003 12:18 am, Martin Fahrendorf wrote:
> > Am Montag, 21. Juli 2003 22:18 schrieb JoeHill:
> > > Hello,

> I have the same setup at home (postfix for localhost, and dynamically
> assigned address), and what I found out from some receiving systems/ISPs
> was that they were rejecting my email not because of the membership to a
> specific pool of addresses, but rather because of the reverse lookup, that
> would either fail, or be dynamically associated with broadband or dial-up
> domains. The moment I registered my domain, and pointed back to my IP
> address (which - by the way - as "dynamic" as it was advertised, I just
> "fixed" it on my firewall, and never had a problem ;)), all emails started
> flowing just fine, regardless of the pool of IPs I was part of ... so check
> out this alternative, also.

It is a little bit of both. Some dynamic IP addresses will be blocked because
they are dynamic and some don't. The forward and reverse lookup is a complete
different thing. every ip address and domain in e-mail traffic must be
forward and reverse resolvable. sometimes it works without, but most of the
time it don't.

> Stef

Martin
H E L I X Gesellschaft für Software & Engineering mbH
Hanauer Landstrasse 52              Telefon (069) 4789 35-30
D-60314 Frankfurt am Main           Telefax (069) 4789 35-44
http://www.helix-gmbh.net                [EMAIL PROTECTED]