Am Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 09:55 schrieb Joerg Mertin:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Wednesday 23 July 2003 08:47, Martin Fahrendorf wrote:
> [...]
>
> > > The main problem with amavis and postfix is a missing feature in the
> > > current postfix version. You can not reject spam mails. So you lose ane
> > > defence line in your battle against spam.
> >
> > Oh, the main problem is not amavis but spamassassin (but we run
> > spamassassin by amavisd-new).
>
> I know that I could reject spam directly through spamassassin - however - I
> do use the combaination: postfix, cyrus-imapd, spamassassin, anomyser - and
> have not yet found a decent script that rejects Spam when it comes in.
> Would be nice - as I have about 5 Persons (Friends) getting Mails through
> my server - and we're getting in about 50 Spams/Day ... Any hint on that,
> LInk I could read some stuff etc.
>
> The example that came with anomy/spamassassin-scripts are not all that
> satisfaying IMHO.
>
> Thx for a hint
>
>       Joerg

As Frankie said, the new postfix (the snapshot releases do it as well) kan
handle the rejection via the proxy method. the first postfix instance take
the mail but does not tell the sending server that it accepts it. Only if
some proxy program like spamassassin accepts it, postfix accepts it too and
the delivery contains. But if spamassassin says no, the mail will be
rejected.

There is no way to tell postfix reject spam mail with spamassassin in the
current version. But afaik the snapshot versions of postfix are relative
stable.

Martin
H E L I X Gesellschaft für Software & Engineering mbH
Hanauer Landstrasse 52              Telefon (069) 4789 35-30
D-60314 Frankfurt am Main           Telefax (069) 4789 35-44
http://www.helix-gmbh.net                [EMAIL PROTECTED]